Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Fabio? Is that you?

Finished up another semester. It was pretty tough, but nothing like taking a calculus class, which i did first semester. I would sooner strap on a leotard and take an interpretive dance class than any math class again. I did all right this semester though, i got all A-'s (what's an A-? mediocrity in excellence?) and a B in Econ. I had an 89 something in that class and then the final just snuck up behind me and dragged me into a dark alley where it snatched my A- away and slapped me around a bit. I left that hypothetical alley heartbroken. But anyways, it leaves me with a fairly weak business school application.

Which brings me to my other item. I've decided what i want to do. I've always played around with the idea of law school, but never really committed to it. Very recently though, I decided it's what I want to do. So it really doesn't matter what my major is. Well, mostly. I think I would want to do corporate law, so having a degree in business would be a good background. On the other hand, if i major in business, i'll probably have a GPA of 3.5 when i graduate, and I will be a very busy bear until i graduate. If i graduate with a degree in Spanish instead, I think i'll have a 3.6 or something like that by the time I graduate. The law school I'm looking at right now is UC Hastings, which, according to top-law-schools.com, is ranked 39th, has a median GPA of 3.5 and 163.5 average LSAT for accepted freshman but most importantly is located in the bay area, which I've decided is where I want to live. East bay, specifically. I drove through the south bay on an errand Thursday, and it was just yuck. Yuck. Anyways, the fact that i've figured out what I want to do is just colossal in my life.

The purpose of driving through the south bay is because I had to go to Santa Clara to pick up a computer from some pakistani guy for my job. The current computer I have at work is simply too slow. I work for an accountant in our ward, doing basically whatever they need me to. It's tons better than Mervyn's retail store and manual labor for Blake's dad, like the summer after the mission. Or shoveling dirt, like the summer before the mission. I guess lifeguarding isn't bad. I did that during high school. And a newspaper route, which I did during all of middle school. Anyways, it'll be something to keep me occupied until I get back to school. I have basically nobody to hang out with here, it's pretty pathetic.

As far as epic things that have happened in my life recently, besides my tragic battle with Econ, we went and saw BYU's rugby team play against Cal, who is the perennial winner. It was epic.It came down to the wire, but we had a last second score. It was the first time we had ever won, and all the BYU fans ran onto the field as all the Cal guys just kinda filed off crying. I like Cal 364 days of the year, but I was definitely hating them in a big way during that game. The players were all like 20 feet away from us, and i feel that my taunting was the deciding factor in the game. To sum it all up, I think it was the best sporting event I've ever seen. Seriously though, it was epic.

Finally, I remembered I started writing this to talk about the last book I read. I decided to start off the summer with Cold Comfort Farm. It was hilarious, I thought the gal who wrote it was extremely witty. The ending though, really left a bad taste in my mouth. The heroine of the whole thing likes this guy who lives far away, who is different from the other gentleman she knows because he's more quiet, shyish and all that. Anyways at the end, he shows up and it's like he became Fabio overnight, sweeps her off her feet, super confident and all. I thought it was awful. Maybe she was just sick of writing the book and whipped that out. I do that with papers occasionally.

Anyways, in a few days my little brother will be off on his mission and I'll have to face the rest of summer by myself, so I better go prepare myself for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment