Wednesday, October 27, 2010

People live in Iceland? And there's one that sings?

So there's something about seeing an Icelandic guy singing falsetto and dancing around in a weird head dress thing that just hits the spot for me. Granted, I've only seen this once, but it really left a good impression. It happened last Friday. There, surrounded by guys likely named Elliston wearing black turtlenecks and accompanied by their skinny girlfriends, I beheld Jonsi. It was a pretty jawesome concert. It did also remind me though, that I've been in Utah for quite a while. That is, I'm not used to the young angst-filled crowds of aggressively individualistic hippy types like I used to be. Miss it.

So yeah, the thing was good and artsy. For one of the songs, they had this cool movie they played in the background of a wolf chasing a deer, and then the deer changed into a bird, and then the wolf changed into a hawk, and then the deer changed back into a deer, and the wolf changed back to his wolfy self, and then the deer decided to grow horns and just own the wolf... Were I the deer I probably would've busted out those horns earlier and saved myself the stress. Anyways, the visuals were pretty cool.

Also, Jonsi, the singer, decided to don a head dress for the encore. For an idea of what I'm talking about, check out this bundle of interesting below.

...Yup. I liked it.

So as a kid who already enjoys foreign movies and modern art (in small doses...) chalk this up for another step towards buying a black turtleneck.

Now you think, this is great, but Bryce, the bigger issue is, "what do you think about frozen brownies?"

They're absolutely fantastic. Though the first thing I hear when I suggest this is, "aren't they all hard?" Yes. Duh. Do you have a magic freezer that freezes things but keeps them soft? The solution is that you don't just chomp down on it as if it wasn't frozen. Anyways, I don't mean to be negative about this, but really just share my joy of something that I love with the rest of the world. Freeze some.

1 comment:

  1. The real key is to not overcook the brownies, so that they are fudge-like when frozen.

    Sincerely, your sister who taught you where mom hides the good food in the house

    ReplyDelete